"Cultivating Healthy Communities: The Role of the Nurse in Population Health"
- To view the presenter biographies, please click here.
- To view the presentation descriptions, please click here.
For information about contact hours, please contact Roxanna Raffa at email@example.com. NOTE: To receive credits, participants must attend the entire event. Partial credit will not be given. The presenters and planners disclose no conflict of interest relative to this educational activity.
Nursing Summit History:
In 2004, Catskill Hudson AHEC presented its first “Nursing Summit” to nurse administrators and nurse educators who wished to work together and with Catskill Hudson AHEC to promote the profession of nursing in New York State. Since then, Catskill Hudson AHEC’s Nursing Summit has attracted all levels of the nursing profession, as well as healthcare professionals, health professions educators, and health professions students by providing an educational forum to explore topics of relevance and critical issues facing nursing and healthcare professionals today and supporting the continued development of and within the nursing profession. The Nursing Summit has also provided invaluable networking opportunities for attendees.
Over the years, Nursing Summit Topics have included:
- The Role of the Nurse in Shaping the Future of Healthcare: Progressing Toward the Triple Aim
- Transformational Leadership in a New Healthcare Environment
- Improving Healthcare To LGBT Individuals and Families: Awareness to Action
- Mock Trial and Beyond (a live demonstration of healthcare litigation and more)
- Use of Technology for Teaching and Staff Development
- Topics in Developing Staff Excellence
- Online Curriculum Development Workshop
- Nurse Preceptor Development
- The Artistry of Nurse Management